Topical treatments are the first of many treatments to be conducted concurrently. Topical treatments are the most immediate and are used to give relief of the many symptoms that affect the skin. There are many tried and proven methods for alleviating the stinging or biting sensation. Some of these methods are administered with sprays, others with salves or lotions. Others are absorbed through baths with medicinal additives. Some topical treatments are designed to target the healing of sores/lesions.
Concerning Topical Treatments and Detoxing
Topical treatments are generally effective immediately. They provide relief from the “biting” and itching sensations associated with Morgellons. However, it is to be noted that topical treatments undertaken without the parallel Detox treatments may seem to ease symptoms but in reality may be simply suppressing the symptoms and driving pathogens/parasites deep into the body away from the skin. With every failed attempt to kill off the pathogens/parasites they develop a resistance to such treatments and become harder to eradicate. So it is important to thoroughly understand that the protocols of Topical, Detox and Environmental treatments MUST be conducted at the same time. These are to be followed along with the Immune building treatments and changes to one’s diet.
- Baths The use of long soaks in hot baths spiked with various medicinals is very effective at soothing lesions and outbreaks. Typical ingredients in these soaks include 5% or 9% white vinegar (mostly acetic acid), household baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) or alternatively table salt (sodium chloride) and essential oils. Certain enzymes are very useful additives to baths and used topically in curbing the Morgellons symptoms. This post covers baths & skin treatments.
- Enzymes and Skin This post examines the use of enzymes to treat topical symptoms of Morgellons. Includes commercial suppliers and a basic Home-Brewed Enzyme recipe.
- Essential Oil Sprays This post examines E.O. use and safety in topical applications.
- Personal Care Products Dr. Bronner’s Castile soaps with peppermint or lavender oils. Post under construction.
- Bentonite Clay Treatments The clay or poultice draws impurities, toxins and pathogens into the clay bed to cause accelerated healing and nourishment to the skin with over 50 minerals. This post examines different recipes and uses of clay.
- Sulfur and Zinc Oxide Products Sulfur is an effective fungicide and has a long history of use as an organic pesticide. Zinc-oxide has anti-fungal, antiseptic as well as anti-oxidant properties. Some recommended uses and product brands are in this post.
- DE Spiked Lotions Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. The fine powder absorbs lipids from the waxy outer layer of insects’ exoskeletons, causing them to dehydrate. The fine powder is actually sharp glass like shards that also mechanically decimate the exoskeletons. Used topically or spread upon troublesome areas of the physical environment. Several good recipes for use and an excellent supplier are discussed on this post.
Warning: One may suffer a worsening of certain symptoms during the use of many treatments and especially the use of antibiotics. This is a short-term detoxification reaction in the body. This reaction is known as the Herxhiemer Reaction. This is a natural response to toxins and pathogens that are released when parasites, fungi, viruses, bacteria and other pathogens are being effectively killed off and the body does not effectively eliminate the toxins quickly enough.
This does not mean the detox or treatment is ineffective, in fact just the opposite is true. This often causes one to stop the treatment in question which leads to a setback in healing.
Common Herxhiemer Reactions
- Flu-like symptoms.
- Joint and muscle pain, body aches.
- Sore throats.
- Rashes and itching.
Usually the reaction lasts a few days and is mild. The best approach is to continue treatment and help the body in eliminating toxins with the methods listed below. If the reaction is too severe cutting back on the treatment can lessen the symptoms while allowing the healing to continue.
Methods of Relieving Herxheimer Reactions
- Drink plenty of filtered water.
- Add vitamin C to regimen.
- Add vitamin E to regimen.
- Add more proteases (something like Purify, Repair, Peptizyde, Peptidase Complete, Vitalzym, ViraStop, Wobenzyme, etc. between meals…like 3-4 capsules every 3-4 hours).
- Epsom salts baths help with calming and detox.
- Plenty of rest and sleep.
- Take Activated Charcoal which helps absorb toxins.
The reaction is usually over in a few days and again is a sign that the toxins and pathogens are being cleansed from one’s body.
This is a sign that the treatment is working and helping to restore one’s body to health.
Any serious symptoms such as cardiac irregularity; breathing difficulties; chest, lung or throat constriction; significant swelling; or other severe symptoms should be given immediate medical attention.